Sports Premium Funding
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding (Sports Premium) for physical education (PE), sport and physical activity to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in school. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school headteachers.
At Whingate Primary School, we have identified several areas which we aim to improve and enhance through the use of the Sports Premium funding, in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils in PE, sport and physical activity.
Our identified priorities for 2017/18 are:
- Improve staff skills and confidence in the teaching of Gymnastics and Dance through additional staff training (EB Physical Education Consultants Ltd, Leeds West SSP and Active Schools partnership).
- Targeting and increasing the physical activity levels of all members of our school community to further develop healthy and active lifestyles.
- Further developing and adapting provision of extra-curricular sports activities to increase pupil participation.
- Buying into Active Schools to develop city-wide initiatives in Leeds.
- Increase participation in intra and inter-school competition through membership of the local partnership and Active Schools.
- Continuing to develop partnerships with local community sports clubs.
- We have received total government funding of £15,362 for Sports Premium this year.
Sport Premium Documents
|PE and Health Team action plan 2017 - 18 Final (1).docx||Download|
|End of Year Report 2016-17.docx||Download|
|PE Report End of Year 3 for Sports Premium 2015-16.docx||Download|
|Funding Allocation and Impact 2014-15.docx||Download|
|End of Year Report 2014-15.docx||Download|
|Sport Premium - End of Year Report 2013- 14.pdf||Download|
|Funding Allocation and Impact 2013-14.docx||Download|
For 2017-18, we have been allocated £15,412 of sports premium funding. The document below shows our spending so far this academic year.