We are absolutely delighted to share with you our news about this year's Christmas Hampers. Last year, we asked families to support us by donating tinned/ packaged items for our families, we were overwhelmed by the generosity we received and were able to create 14 hampers.
As a result of this, we decided to aim higher and create Christmas Day Hampers this year. We ambitiously aimed to make 20 hampers.
Each hamper provided the family with:
- Soup and bread rolls (Nursery and Reception)
- A Turkey/ Vegetarian alternative, gravy, and cranberry sauce (Anonymous benefactor)
- A range of fresh vegetables (Hargreaves and Sons, Wakefield, and Staff)
- Yorkshire Puddings and Stuffing (Year 1)
- Pigs in blankets (Staff)
- Two bottles of pop or juice (Year 2)
- A delicious pudding and custard (Years 4 and 6)
- A box of crackers (Year 3)
- A game for the family to enjoy after their meal (Above mentioned anonymous benefactor)
- Chocolates (Year 5)
We understand that this has been a challenging year for many and were therefore deeply touched that so many people were kind enough to contribute.
We managed to create 23 hampers this year, smashing our target. All of which, were given to families from within our Whingate Family.
Thank you so much to every single person who contributed, and a huge thank you to the staff that have worked incredibly hard to make this possible.
Merry Christmas from all at Whingate!