SEN Teaching Assistant
We currently have a vacancy for a SEN Teaching Assistant (September 2023 start)
B3 Point 11
We are seeking to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant for one year.
The job is specifically to support SEND children in the Early Years & KS1. The role will be to support children’s learning in class and running interventions and supporting with the completion of paperwork such as observations which contribute to the funding process. You will work alongside the teacher, SENCO and other agencies when appropriate.
- Work initially in Early Years and KS1to support the children including the SEN children across the curriculum.
- Work with the teachers to run interventions for individual children or small groups.
- Use your expertise to support children who have additional learning, communication, emotional or developmental needs.
- Liaise with parents and outside agencies to support children when necessary.
- Use your initiative and knowledge to give the very best support to our children.
You must already have experience of supporting children in a primary school and relevant qualifications and expertise working with SEND children. Further necessary training will be provided.
Experience delivering speech and language interventions, a knowledge of strategies to support SEN children with a range of SEND including Autism, Attachment disorder and SEMH needs and delivering phonics sessions is expected.
Interviews will be held week commencing 13.06.22
Applications can be sent to Christine Dent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications is Wednesday 1st June 2022 @ 4pm